Time to prepare approx. 30 minutes (+soak black beans overnight)
- 500g brown rice pasta (I used shells)
- 1 can of low sodium tomato sauce
- 2 cups of black beans (soaked over night)
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach leafs
- 5 mushrooms of your choice (sliced)
- 2 avocados (diced)
- 1 lime
- fresh basil
- some sprouts
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper
1. Rinse the black beans and start cooking them in a pressure cooker (ratio is 1 cup of black beans to 3 cups of water) for 30 minutes.
2. Cook the tomato sauce with some salt, pepper and fresh basil for 25 minutes (stir occasionally).
3. Boil pasta in water with salt and a splash of olive oil (stir occasionally).
4. Roast the mushrooms until golden on both side.
5. When everything is done, start putting everything together – Top the pasta with the tomato sauce, black beans, mushrooms, avocado and sprouts.
6. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and cracked black pepper, enjoy!
You can always add other/more vegetables. I like these easy and quick recipes as they don’t take too much time and are still very delicious and nutritious.
Important: You should never season black beans while they are cooking as they get hard – Always do it after.
Good to know
Black beans are very high in fiber and protein as well as rich in vitamins and minerals such as iron, magnesium, calcium and vitamin A.