Serves 1 litre
Time to prepare 10-15 minutes (+ overnight rice soak)
- 1 1/2 cups of brown rice
- 1 litre of filtered water (+ water to soak)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 medjool dates or 2 tbsp of palm sugar
- nut milk bag (https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Quality-Nut-Milk-Bag/dp/B00KLT6X9W/ref=sr_1_5?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1494237291&sr=1-5&keywords=nut+milk+bag)
- Soak the rice, cinnamon stick and dates in water over night – essential step.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, drain the rice and dates and add them to a blender with water (1 litre).
- Blend on high speed for a few minutes until a smooth milk forms.
- Filter the liquid into a jar using the nut milk bag and enjoy!
Keep the pulp and let it dry. I like to use it as flour or even as a superfood for my fruit bowls.
You can keep the brown rice milk in the fridge for up to five days.
Good to know
Brown rice milk is full of good nutrients like niacin, vitamin B6, iron, copper and magnesium. Beside that it’s low in fat and doesn’t contain lactose.