Serves approx. 4-5
Time to prepare and cook approx. 60 minutes
- 3 cups of quinoa
- 3 cups of cashew nuts (soaked overnight or for at least 8 hrs.)
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 2 sticks of celery (diced)
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 1 stick of leak (diced)
- 2 red chili peppers (chopped, raw and fresh)
- 1 spring onion (finely chopped)
- 2 handful of spinach
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds
- 2 tsp of cumin
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- a bunch of coriander (finely chopped)
- olive oil
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- salt and pepper
1. Cook the quinoa (ratio is 2 cups of water for each cup of quinoa) for 15 minutes.
2. Drain the soaked cashew nuts and blend them for approx. 5-10 minutes until a creamy consistency. Add the coriander and season with lemon, salt and pepper. Place in the refrigerator until serving.
3. Place the celery, pepperoni, leak, red chili, spring onion, mustard seeds, cumin, chilli powder, miso paste and salt/pepper in a pot with a splash of olive oil and cook for 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and chick peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Pour in the can of tomato sauce and let it simmer for approx. 15-20 minutes.
5. Lastly add the spinach and coriander and let it rest for 5 minutes.
6. Serve with the quinoa and cashew cream. Enjoy!
Feel free to serve the chili pot with something other then quinoa.
Good to know
Fresh chilli peppers are a rich source of vitamin A, B and C as well as minerals like potassium, calcium and iron.