Serves approx. 4 – 5
Time to prepare and cook approx. 50 minutes
- 3 carrots (chop roughly)
- 2 cups of pumpkin (chop roughly)
- 1 cup of celery root (chop roughly)
- 1 fennel (chop roughly)
- 1 zucchini (chop roughly)
- a handful of spinach
- a handful of kale
- 1 onion (chop roughly)
- 1 garlic
- a splash of olive oil or ghee butter
- pumpkin seeds
- pumpkin oil
- salt and pepper
- Place the carrots, pumpkin, celery root, fennel, zucchini, onion and garlic in a pot and cook in twice the amount of water for approx. 30 minutes. (Depending the consistency you want you can add more or less water.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a pan.
- Add the spinach and kale and cook for another 3 minutes.
- When the vegetables are well cooked, blend the mixture until it has the right consistency.
- Add butter/oil, salt and pepper then stir.
- Serve the soup with a drizzle of pumpkin oil and pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
You can always add different vegetables depending on the season.
Good to know
Vegetable soup is full of good nutrients for your body and an easy way to add vegetables to your daily diet.