Serves approx. 3-4
Time to prepare and cook approx. 45 minutes
- Spelt (dinkel wheat) dough or wholemeal dough
- 1/2 cup of tomato puree
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 4 mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 zucchini (finely sliced)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- mozzarellas (approx. 250g, sliced)
- fresh basil leaves
- fresh spinach leaves
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C degrees.
2. Place the dough in a baking tray and mold it accordingly.
3. Prick small holes into the dough with a fork and add the tomato puree.
4. Top with tomatoes (core the tomato so there is less liquid), red pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, onion and mozzarella.
5. Season with the fresh basil leaves (save some for later), dried oregano, cumin, salt and pepper.
6. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
7. Take it out and top with the fresh spinach and the rest of the basil leaves and place in the oven for 10 minutes again. I then change the oven settings to the grill option.
8. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!
You can top your pizza with any vegetables of your choice. I like to use aubergine or rocket leaves as well.
Good to know
Spelt is high in protein, fiber, iron, copper, magnesium and many other good nutrients for the body. It also helps to facilitate healthy digestion, blood circulation, bone health and lowers the levels of dangerous cholesterol in our bodies.