Time to prepare and cook approx. 60 minutes
- 1/2 cup Chia seeds gel (1 tbsp. Chia seeds mixed with 10 tbsp. water)
- 1/2 cup Agave sirup (or Maple sirup)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil (not on the picture)
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas (sliced) save some for the topping
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour (or wholemeal oat flour, almond flour)
- 1/2 cup linseeds
- 1 tsp. baking soda (or baking powder)
- 3/4 cup walnuts (chopped) save some for the topping
- Preheat oven to 190° C degrees.
- Blend the Chia gel, Agave sirup and coconut oil until fluffy (for approx. 5 minutes).
- Add the eggs and bananas and blend again.
- Mix the flour, linseeds, baking soda and walnuts together in a separate bowl.
- Bring the wet and dry ingredients together and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and top with the bananas and walnuts.
- Place into the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey and enjoy!
If you keep the banana bread tightly wrapped in a cold place, it will last for about 4 days. I also like to toast the bread and drizzle a little coconut oil on top.
Good to know
Buckwheat flour is rich in fiber, protein, magnesium, iron and supplies important minerals and vitamins. It also contains a lot of antioxidants and is gluten free. Buckwheat flour is also known to improve digestion and help to prevent diabetes.